Are you starting a new role in Internal Comms? Looking to audit the channels you have and wondering what channels you actually need?
Here are my suggestions of what might make for a great channel mix in your organisation:
- social platform like Yammer or Facebook Workplace
- Bulk email system
- Quarterly leadership town halls
- Printed posters
- Merchandise like mousemats/mugs and more
- Blogs for leaders
- Blogs for projects
- employee blogging
- periodic offsite for leaders/managers
- employee forums
If the budget stretches:
- Company magazine
- Digital signage
- all staff conferences
- leadership conferences
- recognition events/incentive travel
And of course this list wouldn’t be complete without “the grapevine”. So don’t underestimate the value of word of mouth.
What would you add to this list? What have you done that works well?